Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Charging mobile phone

Another John wrote:
I had to buy a new phone today as it gave up but assuming it isn't the
battery how can I charge the battery so I can get the data off of the phone?

Umm -- being thick here, sorry: everyone's assuming that the phone will
not work when plugged into its charger. Is that so?

I mean: I recently changed my phone for the same reasons: my phone
worked ok when plugged in, so I transferred all data (not much!) to the
SIM, then swopped the SIM out to the new phone, transferred all data to
that phone, then swopped the new SIM back in. (Advice to do this is in
my new phone's instructions booklet.)

...But I guess your phone's not working when plugged in...

John

----

p.s.: John Rumm wrote:
Yup, BTDTGTTS. ...

You just did that to annoy me didn't you?

Am I the only person in Britain who has *all* the stuff on his mobile
phones backed up onto a computer in a readily recoverable format?

--
Tciao for Now!

John.