Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Charging mobile phone

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 23:35:51 +0100, Zen83237 wrote:

I have been having problems charging my phone for a few days. I suspect
the socket in the phone. 2 different charges wont charge it. I had to
buy a new phone today as it gave up but assuming it isn't the battery
how can I charge the battery so I can get the data off of the phone?

Know anyone with soldering skills? If it were me I'd dismantle the phone,
remove the broken socket, and solder some trailing wires on instead which
I could connect to the charger - it all only needs to run for long enough
to charge and get the data off, so it doesn't really need to go back
together again afterwards.

That's assuming that it is the socket in the first place, and not some
other fault.

cheers

Jules