Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Rollerblades ...

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 20:47:18 -0500, "Snag" wrote:

Here's the deal - a friend of mine is a below-the-knee amputee , and he
wants to rollerblade . He's done some research and others have done this
before . Next week I'll be receiving a prosthetic ankle and a rollerblade
... and my job is to fabricate a plate to mate the 'blade truck to the ankle
.
I've got the engineering pretty much done on how it'll be made , but I
have a question . How stiff should the plate be ? There's a little flex in
the sole of the skate , but how much of that flex is actually transmitted to
the truck and wheels ? I'm leaning towards a fairly thin plate with ribs
below for rigidity with minimum weight . This will be cast from (probably)
A356 aluminum or similar casting grade alloy .

Need some roller blades..I have extras. Quite a number of them actually.

Most of the blades use the truck blade to keep the wheels from flexing
out of a straight line. ....IE..they are kept in a linear line. There
is supposed to be NO flex in the blade

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.