Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio?

On 6/19/2011 10:11 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 07:10:12 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 6/19/2011 12:39 AM, Bill wrote:
Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 00:24:24 -0400, wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 04:22:07 -0400, wrote:

Thanks for the information Jim.

BTW, you were the person who "sold me" on the idea of building the DP
base board with four 4" casters and legs a few months ago. It got
finished this week and has a DP sitting on it. Building it taught me a
lot of lessons and gave me some practice with my router. Are the
casters likely to get a flat side if I let the DP rest on them for
long?

If you chose wisely, they won't get flats. The softer the worse.

Here's mine: I think I'll be ok.
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Maybe, I have had that kind under my scrap lumber bin, the rubber wheels
broke.

I've had these http://goo.gl/EySsk for years without problems, but
usually on lighter-weight stuff, under #100 load on each wheel.

--
Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling.
-- Margaret Lee Runbeck

I had less than 50lbs on each wheel. Axle pushed right through the
wheel center and broke it.

I find the harder plastic wheels hold up much better.