Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Rollerblades ...

Here's the deal - a friend of mine is a below-the-knee amputee , and he
wants to rollerblade . He's done some research and others have done this
before . Next week I'll be receiving a prosthetic ankle and a rollerblade
.... and my job is to fabricate a plate to mate the 'blade truck to the ankle
..
I've got the engineering pretty much done on how it'll be made , but I
have a question . How stiff should the plate be ? There's a little flex in
the sole of the skate , but how much of that flex is actually transmitted to
the truck and wheels ? I'm leaning towards a fairly thin plate with ribs
below for rigidity with minimum weight . This will be cast from (probably)
A356 aluminum or similar casting grade alloy .

--
Snag
Learning keeps