Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio?

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:

I surprised but pleased to learn that the wear from hard use is likely
to be so minimal. Are arbor bearings likely to be in good shape too (I
have no idea what's involved in replacing them)? I'm pretty sure
that I won't do as much sawing in my lifetime as a factory saw could
do in a long day.

Bill - you could pay $100 for a 50 year old Craftsman 10" table saw and
likely, the arbor bearings would be just fine for years to come. You worry
too much.

Thanks Mike. Those things must be make of steel! ; ) It seems like
when people are looking at old saws that's one of the things they check.
I guess that mainly leaves the motor to go bad..

You say I worry too much, but almost half of the time I go through the
Wendy's drive-thru they screw up my order! In my experience, entropy
is NOT on my side... Murphy, too, was a victim of entropy. ; )

Bill