Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
F. George McDuffee F. George McDuffee is offline

Default Has anyone tried knurling on a CNC milling machine

On 19 Jun 2011 04:57:17 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"
wrote:
snip
I think that he was talking about putting a knurl pattern of a
flat surface by moving it under the knurling tool held in the mill's
locked spindle.

snip
Guy Lautard's book _The Machinist's Third Bedside Reader_
has a write up on flat knurling.
snip
Do you want to know how to:

* fit a backplate to a lathe chuck?
* use an edgefinder to best advantage, and how to "Pick
up" an edge in a hurry?
* hold a gib strip for machining?
* pull a tee in the wall of a pipe?
* get broken taps out of aluminum?
== * knurl the edge of a rectangular block?===
* file off that last half thou?
snip

goto http://lautard.com/books.htm
or
http://www.amazon.com/Machinists-Thi.../dp/096909809X

for first two book in the series see
http://www.amazon.com/Machinists-Bed.../dp/0969098022
http://www.amazon.com/Guy-Lautard-TM.../dp/B0006J3G06

I have all three books and recommend them highly.

--
Unka' George

"Gold is the money of kings,
silver is the money of gentlemen,
barter is the money of peasants,
but debt is the money of slaves"

-Norm Franz, "Money and Wealth in the New Millenium"