Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Warning ... Whirlpool Fridge Unserviceable

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 23:16:05 +0000 (UTC), "A. Baum"
wrote:

Don't feel too bad. I bought a Sears Kenmore side by side with ice maker,
front door water and ice dispenser and had nothing but trouble with it 3
years after purchase. Had the ice maker paddles replaced, door electronic
controls replaced a couple times. Then I came home to a flooded kitchen
floor one day. The electronics had decided to switch on the water
dispenser. On inspection there were several fried components on the
control board. I took this up with Sears and after just a week of
arbitration received a $2200 credit with Sears to pick out any fridge I
wanted. I found a nice Samsung over/under for $2100. Sears also payed
for the water cleanup and damage to downstairs carpeting. So all in all I
can't really bitch too much besides the horror of walking into a flooded
kitchen and the week inconvenience of not having a fridge. Luckily I have
an old Kenmore out in the garage for beer that served well in my time of
need

In a time of great need, you can hire a Brit to drink warm beer for
you.