Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Has anyone tried knurling on a CNC milling machine

On 2011-06-18, Ignoramus6708 wrote:
Here's a weird question.

Got these knurls out of a cabinet

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

I began to wonder if, perhaps, I can use them on my CNC mill, in order
to make knurled surfaces. Just put one (on a toolholder) in a spindle,
put the spindle on brake, and knurl the surface? Anyone tried this?

Not I. Not sure that the spindle can apply sufficient force.

Just hold them to swap into the Turret T knurlers discussed in
another thread. Knurls wear out, and you will need matched pairs for
the knurler.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564