Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio?

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 23:16:41 -0700, Morgans wrote:

"Bill" wrote

In visiting the site you sent, I started getting exciting over the Delta
Unisaws...then I noticed that they all appear to use 3-phase power
(which in retrospect makes sense...). All things considered, I think
that stops my further consideration of them. Still, thanks again for
your thoughtfulness!

It could be worth getting one, if you were to sell the motor on it, and get
a new single phase motor, or have a shop rewind yours, if you can find a
shop. Saws like these are worth a good bit more than a newer lightweight.

-- Jim in NC

I worked in a furniture plant back in an earlier life, most of the table
saws were set up to do a particular job and even though they may have
sawn more lumber in a day than a cabinet shop or home user would put
through it in a lifetime, the trunnions and gear drives on the adjustments
would be like new even after many years of hard use.

basilisk