Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio?

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 04:22:07 -0400, Bill wrote:

Thanks for the information Jim.

BTW, you were the person who "sold me" on the idea of building the DP
base board with four 4" casters and legs a few months ago. It got
finished this week and has a DP sitting on it. Building it taught me a
lot of lessons and gave me some practice with my router. Are the
casters likely to get a flat side if I let the DP rest on them for long?

I enjoy that I can move it effortlessly with one hand.

How do you secure it once you get it situated, Bill?

Along with the
baseboard I'm sure it is close to 300#. If it were to tip it is unlikely
that I could catch it so I'm glad I don't have to move the DP with a dolly!

I think you meant to say "hand truck", dincha? What you built was a
dolly.

And while we're at it, one stands -on- a podium and -at/behind- a
lectern. /pet peeves

--
Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy
simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed.