Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio?

Morgans wrote:
"Bill" wrote

In visiting the site you sent, I started getting exciting over the Delta
Unisaws...then I noticed that they all appear to use 3-phase power
(which in retrospect makes sense...). All things considered, I think
that stops my further consideration of them. Still, thanks again for
your thoughtfulness!

It could be worth getting one, if you were to sell the motor on it, and
get a new single phase motor, or have a shop rewind yours, if you can
find a shop. Saws like these are worth a good bit more than a newer
lightweight.

-- Jim in NC

Thanks for the information Jim.

BTW, you were the person who "sold me" on the idea of building the DP
base board with four 4" casters and legs a few months ago. It got
finished this week and has a DP sitting on it. Building it taught me a
lot of lessons and gave me some practice with my router. Are the
casters likely to get a flat side if I let the DP rest on them for long?

I enjoy that I can move it effortlessly with one hand. Along with the
baseboard I'm sure it is close to 300#. If it were to tip it is unlikely
that I could catch it so I'm glad I don't have to move the DP with a dolly!

Bill