Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] kfvorwerk@gmail.com is offline

Default Not Really a Gloat

On Jun 17, 4:55*am, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
I haven't cared much for HF for a while, but I needed a basic bench top
drill press as a second machine for my tapping head. *When I have time to
spend actually in the shop I felt like I was spending too much time swapping
back and forth with belts/speeds and knocking out tapers and putting them
back when doing certain jobs. *Besides I really don't like swapping heads
all the time. *I finally brought it down to the little 12 speed from HF as
the one I could afford to just set on the bench and dedicate. *I really
didn't want to buy it. *I feel they take the machines guys like Grizzly
reject sometimes. *I searched high and low for somebody else selling the
model at a lower or even the same price, but never found one. *The machine
is listed as marked down on their website, and I found a discount code for
20% a couple weeks ago. *Into the cart, but I just couldn't bring myself to
pull the trigger. *This morning I punched in my credit card and finally did
it. *The total came up to low. *Huh? *I looked at the invoice and realized
they didn't charge me any freight. *"Crap!" I thought. *"I'm going to have
to deal with going into the local store everyday to see if they have it
yet." *Then I looked again. *I was sure I selected regular ground freight.
"No freight on orders over $99," and my discount code still worked. *Woo!
Hoo! *Its been a long time since the stars aligned for me like that. *Now if
its one of the "good" cheap machines when it gets here. *LOL.

No its not an iggy or gunner class tool gloat, but I am happy with the world
this morning.

I've been using one for ten years and am happy with it. I think the
motor rating is a bit optimistic. It's not the quality of a 60 year
old Delta but neither is a new Delta.
Karl