Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bert Coules Bert Coules is offline

Default Drilling concrete

I'm about to drill (SDS drill, new 8mm masonry bit) into one of the concrete
panels of my sectional garage. In the past, drilling holes through the wall
has always resulted in the inner surface breaking away, sometimes quite
extensively, but this time I'll be drilling down through the bottom of the
panel and into the garage's concrete base (to fit securing bolts).

Is it safe to assume that because the underside of the panel is in
close(ish) contact with the base, there's less risk of the concrete
breaking?

Any hints for drilling this sort of material will be gratefully received.
Many thanks,

Bert