Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_2_] dpb[_2_] is offline

Default Cleaning a trigger-start torch?

millinghill wrote:

If the orifice is clogged, the flame will be smaller, and probably
wouldn't light in the first place. The OP has not said what happens
if he tries to light it using a match, the first step in diagnosing
his problem.. But if the air supply that goes aound the orifice has
dirt or debris in it, like maybe spider webs,, insufficient air will
flow and that will cause flame-out also.

Hi. I'm the OP. If I light with a match, it'll go out on its own in
a few seconds.

It again likely is partially obstructed somewhere...all I was really
commenting on is the toolset for probing orifii is available and works
much better than the suggested wire for the purpose.

The other suggestions of some compressed air, etc., are still worth doing...