Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Ping Bill, in Indiana; Anyone near Waverly, Ohio?

I think that black tube that runs behind the saw is part of overhead
dust collection (do you think that is correct?). *What would the
"control panel" that is attached to it be for?
Bill

That black pipe is the over arm blade guard support (see the listed
amenities) and they are often, at least part of, the dust collection
feature, as you surmised. Many saws have that kind of blade guard
attachment, rather than the blade guard attached to the table top,
behind the blade.

I don't see a control panel on the arm guard. I see a tool rest/cage-
type thing. Other than that, I see a valve, for adjusting the dust
collection. The dust ducts, for overhead collection, have,
apparently, been detached from the saw.

Expect the price to reach $600. I doubt you will find a good used
Unisaw, anywhere, for less than that. It's a good idea to add the 10%
auctioneers fee and your travel costs, in determining the max amount
you are willing to invest in the whole affair. If the bidding reaches
$800, I would hesitate to bid further.... might as well buy a new saw
for $1200 - $1400 (?). A new saw comes with a warranty and possibly a
discounted (additional $, but w/ rebate) mobile base. *Ask if there's
supposed to be a mobile base for that saw! ...Never can tell, maybe
there's one hanging around (Not listed on the manifest, but originally
party to the saw) waiting to be remarried.

Call or email the IRS site's contact person and they can give you the
Waverly contact person, to get specific info about the item. Should
you bid and win, make copies of the posted pics, of the saw, before
going pick it up. You want to make sure everything pictured remains
intact. If you bid and win, bring tools to disassemble the saw from
the extension table and a dolly, just in case you have to load
yourself. It'll be hard to load the whole, as is. If you bid and
win, ask if they have the paperwork/invoice/instruction/users manual
for the saw (in the administrative office, somewhere). Try to get
those items, also, if available, while the getting is good. If the
saw is not too old, there may be some warrranty remaining.

That IRS link has many other sales. Every now and then a pretty good
deal, or 2, comes along. You just have to be patient. If not this
sale, I hope you can eventually find a good saw and nearer to you.

Sonny