Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Clausing Lathe Turret

Ignoramus30422 wrote:

I have a Clausing 6913 lathe and have a Enco turret that was designed
for this very lathe.

The turret has tool holes that hold 1.5" round tool holders, using
cams.

The question that I have is, what sort of tooling goes there? Am I
supposed to just make them, with MT3 holes or some such? And how does
one make MT3 holes, with proper reamers?

I am looking for some words of wisdom, as I have never used any
turrets.

There are a bunch of tools linked from this page for turret lathes.
http://www.boyar-schultzsmt.com/burnishing_tools.htm

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller