Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Clausing Lathe Turret

"Ignoramus30422" wrote in message
I have a Clausing 6913 lathe and have a Enco turret that was designed
for this very lathe.

The turret has tool holes that hold 1.5" round tool holders, using
cams.

The question that I have is, what sort of tooling goes there? Am I
supposed to just make them, with MT3 holes or some such? And how does
one make MT3 holes, with proper reamers?

Naww a couple of morse sleeves in the #2 and #3 size that have 1-1/2 in
straight shanks is robably all you will ever need, readily available on ebay
so there's no need to make them yourself.

I am looking for some words of wisdom, as I have never used any
turrets.

Typically one would reserve #1 station for a stock stop, just a simple 1-1/2
dia rod is all that's needed there........

--After that I would suggest 2 or 3 jacobs chucks or if you already have
some 1-1/2 shank extension collet holders then use them instead...and a
criterion boring head pretty is nice to have...and several straight reducing
holders which will allow you to rough using endmills and to quickly turn ID
chamfers etc.