Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve B[_10_] Steve B[_10_] is offline

Default Awsome sandbox toy

"CaveLamb" wrote Copy all that, Steve.

My Dad had a house at Crystal Beach on Bolivar peninsula.
After the storm, there was nothing on the peninsula at all.

I loved taking the ferry home. Sure it took a while but it
was a chance to stop and relax on the commute.

Last time I saw Kemah (5 years ago?), it had grown so crowded
that I barely recognized it from my childhood beach memories.

We thought about moving back there, but the heat, humidity,
and humanity talked us out of it.

Besides, most of Galveston Bay is barely 4 feet deep!

--

Richard Lamb

Been all over there. The ferry boat Thornton was named after a friend of
mine's grandpa. Owned two bars in Galveston. Had some memorable summers
there. The beachhouses in Bolivar, as well as West Beach hold some fond
memories, too. Fished all over that area, around the jetties, on the piers,
in boats. Floundering in the flats was a hoot. Is that old historic
lighthouse still on Bolivar?

Steve