Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trammed the mil yesterday

Ignoramus16551 fired this volley in
news
I will try to face some piece of material and see how it looks with
the head trammed.

Ig, I've got mine pretty close, but I have ONE 1" carbide endmill that
someone crashed into a workpiece once while it was not running (cause
it's not busted). However, they must've bent the shank ever so slightly,
because it basically cuts on one tooth, all the way around.

I faced some work and took it to a friend who has a surface roughness
tester. He says it's off less than 1.5 microns, but it still _looks_
like an old fashioned "engine finish"; "jeweled", as it were.

Me... I doubt the 1.5 microns, because I don't think the old spindle
bearings run THAT true! G

LLoyd

LLoyd