Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Trammed the mil yesterday

On 2011-06-15, Bob La Londe wrote:

. 3.70...

Ignoramus10056 fired this volley in

It took about an hour, but I am finally done, trammed it with a dial
indicator. 0.001" over about 4 inches

[ ... ]

That means it's off more than two tenths just over the diameter of a 1"
bit.

Would you mind explaining that math? Not saying you are wrong, but it
doesn't make sense to me. How can it be off true of .001 at 4 inches, and
off true of .2 at 1 inch?

He means 0.0002 ("tenths" is slang for ten-thosandths.)

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Remove oil spill source from e-mail
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564