Posted to alt.home.repair

Default window mounted a/c unit

I'm a generation or two away from the Great Depression, and
I've got the trash picker gene.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

I never ****-can working equipment of any sort. Sell,
Goodwill, or give
away at gunpoint at times. Any time I am tempted to toss
something that
still works, I see my long-dead Grampa (who I got the
trashpicking gene
from) shaking his head and scowling at me. Drove my Grandma
nuts for 50+
years with all the crap he dragged home from wherever. Took
us over a
week to empty out his basement when the time came, and we
found good
homes for almost all of it. I finally put the dregs out by
the street,
and most was gone by morning. He had a good excuse- having
to flee a
upper-middle-class professional existence with just the
clothes on their
backs, and one small suitcase each, and move halfway around
the world,
does tend to make you paranoid that hard times will come
again.

--
aem sends....