Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley[_2_] ransley[_2_] is offline

Default Consumer Reports Bull **** Reports

I read consumer reports as I always do before a purchase, and years
ago I bought a John Deere snowblower as it rated second, but its been
crap clogging on wet snow, [ Hey its chicago, its all heavy] . But I
read them again a few years ago in 07 and bought a Toro Recycler for
about 400, it rated real high and its always clogged up even when no
rain for 3 days, [ thats real live use] so it sucked big time, Ive
used sprays just to partially not to clog, it felt loose-cheap in the
handle and had a bearing knock loaded down. This made cutting grass
in damp grass dangerous for the motor as it would bog to all most
stall speed and make a dreading clump, clump, clump noise. So I
borrow a 390$ Honda dual blade from a neighbor and it cut what killed
and bogged down severly to near stall speed of the toro, with no
effort, mulching !!!!. So I bought a Honda 390$ machine and its the
best mower Ive ever had. Even the handle is solid !

I have to say **** You Consumer Reports for your BS ratings. You
guys are cons, for money, for maybe payoffs. Or you are idiots. Yea
and I have an I phone you still wont recomend, I have it with with no
issues, and by the way, its the best selling phone made. CR SUCKS