Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] mkirsch1@rochester.rr.com is offline

Default window mounted a/c unit

On Jun 15, 2:45*pm, cj wrote:
my 3 year old haier a/c unit stopped working and instead of tossing it i
am going to fart around with it to see if i can get it going. when i
plug in the power cord i hear an audible beep, the power board (fan
speed,timer etc. ) lights up but after a few seconds goes dark and none
of the controls work. it was moved last winter whilst in storage and
accidentally dropped. thoughts, comments?

You may not want my thoughts and comments on this one....

If you're stumped at this stage of the game, attempting to proceed
further will only result in brain damage.

Really you need to know something about air conditioners and
electronics to effectively troubleshoot this thing. There's no
"learning" to be had there.