Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Awsome sandbox toy

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 05:41:13 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"CaveLamb" wrote

That's why we invented sails, Steve.

Paddling is hard work!

--

Richard Lamb

We had a house on the point in Seabrook, Texas with a dock to Galveston Bay
in the yard. We had two of those AMF little sailboats with the wood
centerboard. Open cockpit. Had one HELL of a lot more fun in those than I
had in any canoe. One time, I hit a six foot garfish with the centerboard.
It was like hitting a log, and he jumped out of the water, splashing me. We
could get some decent speed on those. Other people were bringing down
Hobies, et al, and it was great living there.

Google 11th avenue, Seabrook, Tx. Just the pilings left to the house, looks
like it all went commercial. Had some great times there. Kemah is just
across the channel.

Steve

Try taking your sail boat a half mile through the bush to take your
twelve year old son fishing in a lake teaming with 2-3 pound big mouth
bass. 6 AM to Noon he caught eight of them, some of which I had to
practically go on shore to get out of the water. Paddling back to the
landing, I had a hell of a time steering the 12 foot canoe until I
took the stringer of fish out of the water - those damned fish didn't
want to go the direction I wanted to go!
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada