Posted to alt.home.repair
Gz Gz is offline

Default new shower glass door installed- company put on a special coatingon glass

On Jun 14, 12:58*pm, KOS wrote:
I just had a new glass shower door installed... The company where I
bought the glass door said they put on a sealer so that it will
prevent scum from accumulating.. They say when water hits the glass it
will bead off like rainx..
I noticed that when I clean the glass with a microfiber there still is
a 'film' or shadow, almost looks like 'specks'.. what the heck is
this? is this a defect?
Thanks

Don't know what specs are. Shower guard? Crystal fusion?

Cost me $200 to get windshield treatment. Said it helps prevent
cracks.
The reason I had it done, I almost wrecked when a truck flung a huge
amount of mud water on my windshield. Even though I use some rainx, I
was just stunned for a few second driving down a narrow river road.

Greg