Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_2_] chaniarts[_2_] is offline

Default new shower glass door installed- company put on a special coating on glass

KOS wrote:
On Jun 14, 2:04 pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" atlas-
wrote:
In article
,

KOS wrote:
I just had a new glass shower door installed... The company where I
bought the glass door said they put on a sealer so that it will
prevent scum from accumulating.. They say when water hits the glass
it will bead off like rainx..
I noticed that when I clean the glass with a microfiber there still
is a 'film' or shadow, almost looks like 'specks'.. what the heck is
this? is this a defect?
Thanks

what did the company that installed it say?

Just had it installed.. I have not yet called them.. Anyone have any
experience with the sealer that glass companies put on shower doors?

the installer does. that should be your first call. we have no idea what
they used. we weren't there, and i can't see it from where i'm sitting.
perhaps if you hold it a little to the left?

there are many coatings this could be. glass doesn't need a sealer, since
it's not porous. there may be some coating, and that could be darn near
anything. it's 'probably' something similar to rain-x, but there's no way to
for us to tell.

what did the company that installed it say when you called them?