Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Need high throughput pressure regulator

steamer fired this volley in
:

--OK here's the thing: I'm trying to push a good flow of propane
into a flaming widget but I'm only wanting to do it at about 10psi.
There's a wee pressure regulator attached to the widget (threaded 1/4"
pipe but I could go up to 3/8") but it's definitely acting as a flow
restrictor, not just a pressure regulator. Is there a device that can
solve the problem?

The average individual appliance regulator has a needle valve oriface
that's very small. You won't get any appreciable flow through it.

Most gas regulators won't tune up to 10psi, either. I don't remember,
but think it was in the low tens of inches of water column.

Our professional flame effects use gas _rated_ high-flow regulators with
1/2" piping. I'd think a very large welding gas regulator might suit the
purpose.

LLoyd