Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default NBA FInals, or what is a sport ...

On Jun 12, 9:35*am, Swingman wrote:
[Jaq'sd]

It's the eyes of the animals that finally got to me in this regard, even
as a previous avid hunter ... as I've gotten older, extinguishing the
'light of life' in the eyes of a living creature is personally not
something I continue regard as "sport".

Don't get me wrong ... I'll take all the game meat you want to load me
down with and use it well, but I'd simply rather not personally kill
another living creature as long as I live.

I've done more than my share, and I'm done with it ...

Takes a man to acknowledge this point in his life.

I was 50 yards from a doe with my 303 had her dead nuts in my sights.
Couldn't do it. My guy to my right did kill her with a merciful shot.
An avid hunter and guide, he had some emotions about that too, the
magnificence and scenery was just too damned beautiful to go
unnoticed.

I did help with the skinning and draining and later cooking up a lot
of that meat, but I did find my own limitations.
I still agree with taking an animal for food, but 'sport'?