Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Oak Molding

On 6/12/11 9:15 AM, Leon wrote:
On 6/12/2011 8:34 AM, Eric wrote:
"m II" wrote in message ...

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

(I do not have a nail-gun).

Get one for $30 at HF. (usually $20 or less on sale, but not today)
http://www.harborfreight.com/18-gaug...ler-97524.html

=====================

Hold on one second!

We got prob. 3/4" trim, 1/2" drywall, 1-1/2"nails and a downward angle
and
we are worried about studs behind the wall? What for?

mike

=====================

Appears to be a simple arithmetic error.

I would use 2-1/2 inch nails and never a cheap nailer on oak. Only use a
headless pin nailer for that, unless you prefer the look of patched oak
for trim. But then a person that had actually done some of this work
before would know that. Seems to becoming painfully apparent there are
many sock puppets here.

I have done my share of base board and shoe moldings, did this for a
builder 10 or years ago. I used a finish nail gun but it was all painted
trim.

You mention a pin nailer for oak, is there a pin nail long enough to go
through the shoe molding, sheet rock and then the 2x?

This is what I love about this group. The guys says, "I do not have a
nail-gun," and no one can take that at face value. Nobody can assume
that the guy obviously knows about nail guns, which is blatantly obvious
from his statement, but for whatever reason, isn't using one and wants
to know the best NON nail gun technique.

No, everyone has to get in a ****ing match over exactly what the guy
*didn't* ask about just to hear themselves talk.
"Look at me, I'm talking... over here people, it's me!"

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--