Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default kitchen-sink's splashboard is a window. How to protect fromwater, etc?

In article ,
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

Does your situation look anything like this:

http://www.adi.com/~hamilton/house/insidepix/kitW.jpg

WOW, so nice and clean!

No way I'm going to post a photo, no sireee!

That's my kitchen. It's just got ordinary paint. Oil-based,
I think. Looks fine. Cleans up easily. No destruction. It
was painted before I moved in 11 years ago.

What's your wife doing to it?

More like, what am *I* doing to it?

Cindy Hamilton

Well, oil-based is clearly the correct solution, but vetoed,
because all the current paint would have to be scraped off
down to the wood, and deemed way too much work.

So we bought some non-oil-based but still water "resistant",
which we'll put on in a week or two.

David