Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default kitchen-sink's splashboard is a window. How to protect from water, etc?

In article ,
benick wrote:
"Joe" wrote in message
On Jun 3, 12:24 am, (David Combs) wrote:
Some time ago I asked a similar question, but none of the
suggestions were acceptable to, uh, "she who must be obeyed".

And I forgot to say that the existing splashboard wasn't
just wood, but an actual window, with the usual wood frame,
molding (sp?), pane-separators, etc.

Right now it's painted in an off-white or eggshell
color, via an acryllic paint.

Which is of course getting destroyed, by the usual
water, detergent, etc.

---

So, here's the question: what kind of paint can we use
to be more waterproof than ordinary indoor paint?

[Sorry, but suggesting tile or glass in front of the
wood would be wasting your breath -- it's a window,
and it has to LOOK like any other (Pella) window in the
house! -- so I've been notified, and it's non-negotiable.]

Under those constraints, ideas?

Thanks!

David

Its time for a decent dishwasher and get rid of the spritzer. Then
clean and paint the window area as SWMBO orders.

Joe

DITTO...

What, just stick the dishes into the washer with food sticking
to them? Or even just "dish". And the food dries and hardens
onto the plate(s) for several days until dishwasher gets somewhat
filled? (Two-person household)

Man, I *like* that squirter -- blasts food right off the plate,
spritz it with squirt-bottle 5%dawn 95%water, give a quick
brush stroke or two, and set into the drying rack on counter.

That idea of plastic barrier is interesting -- heck, I'd just
leave it there, until guests arrive, I suppose. (But, alas and
alak, I'm not totally in charge here!)

David