Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default +1 testing a GFCI where no ground is available?

Nate Nagel wrote:

Apparently the buyers have agreed to sign the contingency removal with
the changes I put in, so the only thing I'm not going to be doing
myself is a few small plumbing items, and hopefully this whole sordid
GFCI issue will be behind us. According to my realtor, who heard
from their realtor, who heard from the buyers (why can't I just talk
directly to these people?) the inspector didn't notice the GFCI in
the location that I described; in his defense, it is close to a
window w/ floor length curtains. But still, the blue stickers should
have made him look for it IMHO (unless he assumed that it was on the
same ckt. as the GFCI on the counter for the dedicated 20A kitchen
circuit... only got one, sadly.)
nate

That's excellent that it all worked out. Thanks for posting a follow-up.