Posted to rec.woodworking

Default NBA FInals

On 09 Jun 2011 13:59:21 GMT, Han wrote:

Swingman wrote in
:

Speaking for myself only, this fixation on sports in our culture, and
particularly in our schools, has gotten completely out of hand. Two
dufi, incapable of figuring out that the brim of the cap goes over the
eyes, high fiving each other while emitting grunting sounds because
some other trained dufus is jerk dancing after carrying a ball over a
chalk line in front of 50,000 other dufi, is totally inane,
disgusting, a waste of time, a waste of money, and an abomination.

I like football, but the modern fixation on sports is a sickness.
When the NFL went on strike the first time, I almost gave up watching.
The second time did the trick. Now they're off again? How many fans
do they have left? $2M for a 30-second spot on the Stupor Bowel?
Gimme a break. It's all out of control as badly as Congress.
Won't someone please hit the RESET button?

Let's go back to Roman times.
Gladiators!
Defend yourself with a toothpick against the tiger!

What a wonderful ending for a 3rd Strike felon! The tigers wouldn't
need to be fed, nor would the criminals. Recidivism rate from that
setup would be zero, too.

--
Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects.
--anon