Posted to rec.woodworking

Default NBA FInals

Bill wrote:

Hi Mike--haven't seen you here in a while.

Back at ya Bill. Been a bit on and off in my participation here lately.
Kind of busy.

What you wrote makes sense to me for say golf.

Funny you should say that - and it makes a lot of sense... I was thinking
of both golf and racing in particular when I penned my thoughts.

I don't know when I'll
be on the football field again (I don't belong out there), but that
doesn't keep me from enjoying some of the NFL games. I got the whole
"surrogate" idea from an article I read. I didn't swallow it hook,
line and sinker either, but I thought, and still think, that it
provides a good starting point for understanding (why people are
often so passionate about "their teams").

Likewise, after sending my post I started to think that there are a lot of
people who have probably never set foot on the field of their favorite
sporting arena, who are avid fans. So- maybe there is something to that
surrogate idea after all...

--

-Mike-