Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What size is this piece of pipe?

Pipe cutting dies have a wide funnel to lead in pipe.
The difference is .0255 or consider tick coating.

What will happen is a deeper thread will be cut - bringing the
whole pipe into spec. The threads might be 90% or something not 65 or
70% sizing.

More coolant and lube but the machines should handle it.

Martin

On 6/8/2011 10:33 PM, Pete S wrote:
I have a number of pieces of used pipe that are from about 1 to 3 feet
long. I use them for braces, bushings, press fixtures, equipment stands,
etc..
These pieces were drops that a guy who builds fences gave me many years
ago.

For the first time, I need to get a piece threaded. The OD is 2.405".
What the heck size is it? The OD spec. for 2" water pipe is 2.375" OD.
If I take a piece to my local plumbing company, will they be able to
thread it with their gear?

Pete Stanaitis