Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Roman dodecahedron

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Jun 2011 14:21:34 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
"CaveLamb" wrote in message
Michael A. Terrell wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote:
Existential Angst wrote:
"Rich Grise" wrote in message
Boris Mohar wrote:
Can anyone figure out what was it used for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_dodecahedron
It's a Roman Magic 8-ball. ;-)

All the holes being different sizes suggests some significance
there, albeit I can't imagine what.
A penis measuring device?
It's the cosmic viewer from Sarah Palin's porch.
She did a trade with Christine O'Donell for her cauldron.

Sarah is more man than you'll ever be, and more woman than you'll
ever hold.

Jesus, she's both? Where did she get THAT operation? Cambodia?

Rich Grise used to sign some of his posts as "Rich Grise, But Drunk."
He doesn't bother with the "But Drunk" part anymore but I think he is
anyway.

You need to use more care in your attribution. I was the one who said,
"It's a Roman Magic 8-ball. ;-)
"All the holes being different sizes suggests some significance
there, albeit I can't imagine what."

Then you and the other trolls and their baiters started chiming in.

Why are you so sure it is *not* used for measuring penis size, thusly
determining the attendant social hierarchy?
Might I add, I would have needed a much larger dodecahedron......

Coulda been part of the brothel system, as a kind of screening device, you
know, wear'n'tear'n'****.....

Fwiw, I much prefer "But Drunk" over that irksomely dorky "Hope This
Helps!"..... goodgawd.....
--
EA

Hope This Helps!