Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Brian Lawson Brian Lawson is offline

Default Vintage CAD question, Cadkey, issue solved

Been quite a while since I used CadKey. I don't even recall which old
computer it's on, but
Hmmmmmmmmm............ CK used to ouput IGES files if asked. Is there
possibly a work-around doing that?

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 13:14:32 -0400, Randy333
wrote:

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 08:42:06 -0800, Jon Anderson
wrote:

I was looking ahead to when I move down under. Wanted to leave my CK97
disk with my main customer as I have done a bit of original design work
and a lot of reverse engineering work for him. But if he can't open my
'99 files, that won't do him any good... The other benefit would have
been to give him a better drawing tool than Visio, as he's talked about
getting a real CAD program for some time. '97 is easy to learn and would
more than meet his needs.

Problem solved. Found a free file viewer on the Kubotek site!
Can't draw with it, but he'll at least be able to open, view, and print
my files.

Jon

Can you save them in a .DXF format? open and re-save each one and he
will have a file he can import to almost anything.

How many total files are we talking about?

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy