Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default bending nails

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 07:00:55 -0700 (PDT), gcotterl
wrote:

On Jun 9, 5:45*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
gcotterl wrote:
How do I prevent finish nails from bending when I hammer then nails
through pre-drilled holes in quarter-round oak molding into drywall?
(I'm not using a brad-nailer).

Use a brad nailer. A perfectly acceptable one is available from HF for under
$20. Once you get a brad nailer, you'll use your hammer for pounding
everything EXCEPT nails.

'Course you'll need a compressor, too.

Buying a brad nailer and a compressor doesn't make economic sense
since I have only 26 feet of molding to install.

Getting a good, straight swing with the hammer is hard because I'm
bending over countertops and ducking under wall cabinets.

Shoot down the wall cabinets and bulldoze the countertops.