Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default NBA FInals

On Jun 9, 8:18*am, Swingman wrote:
On 6/9/2011 5:16 AM, Bill wrote:

SBH wrote:
"Lew wrote in message
eb.com...
Regardless of your interest in professional basketball or what team you
support, if any, the current NBA finals are great entertainment.

Lew

What's worse, the majority of players are about as educated as a dog
chasing
a car. Must be nice to be stupid and a millionaire at the same time.

Wow, I wonder if there is a negative correlation between being a ww and
being a sports fan. Either that or the dyed in the wood sports fans are
keeping a low profile...

Speaking for myself only, this fixation on sports in our culture, and
particularly in our schools, has gotten completely out of hand. Two
dufi, incapable of figuring out that the brim of the cap goes over the
eyes, high fiving each other while emitting grunting sounds because some
other trained dufus is jerk dancing after carrying a ball over a chalk
line in front of 50,000 other dufi, is totally inane, disgusting, a
waste of time, a waste of money, and an abomination.

Come to think of it ... Max is right. I'd rather be forced to watch
Jerry Springer.

Give me a good honest "sport", like boxing. Yeah, that's the ticket!

--www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Boxing can be a great sport to watch if there are two closely matched
fighters, both with good KO ratios, etc.
To see two big heavyweights going toe-to-toe can be spectacular. Or
the insane flurries of lighter weight classes.
Back in the 70's, I laid out quite a few bucks to go see great fights
on closed circuit pay per views.
Hell, I even paid to see Foreman fight the 'Toronto Five' live. What a
farce that was. (If you don't know what that fight was all about,
don't waste your time Googling it, what an embarrassment to the
sport.)

Watching hobby league baseball in Kew Beach Toronto with a cold beer
on a Sunday afternoon, with random dogs stopping by for a scratch
behind their ears, kids with squirt guns, french fry truck, live music
in the background... that is 'spectating' at its finest.

Then, as a certified 'Petrol Head', I go check out the Top Fuelers at
Grand Bend MotorPlex once a year or so. Something about the smell of
burnt fuel and rubber and that unreal noise.......