Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Naptha?

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 20:13:43 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 16:36:14 -0700,
wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:
Winston wrote:

'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:

http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...er-618030.aspx

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Ronsonol or Zippo lighter fluid. It's almost pure naphtha - it will
even get gum out of hair.

It's great stuff.

I advise ya'all to stock up before you get hit with the
same wave of regulation.

Holy ****, Batman! $41 a QUART?
http://www.nextag.com/coleman-fuel/compare-html
Or $48 a gallon from Coleman.

Heh!

That site shows *me* exactly zero citations for
the actual fuel itself. Plenty lanterns and stoves
but no fuel. Interesting, no?

There were a total of two listings for the fuel. Google did the same
thing to me. It showed me everything built by Coleman or fueled by
Coleman fuel.

Hey, the VERY FIRST LISTING is a gallon of Coleman Fuel @ $48.
It resolves to Amazon. http://goo.gl/Jkz0k

--
Never underestimate the innate animosity of inanimate objects.
--anon