Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Denis G.[_2_] Denis G.[_2_] is offline

Default What size is this piece of pipe?

On Jun 8, 10:33*pm, "Pete S" wrote:
I have a number of pieces of used pipe that are from about 1 to 3 feet long.
I use them for braces, bushings, press fixtures, *equipment stands, etc...
* These pieces were drops that a guy who builds fences *gave me many years
ago.

* For the first time, I need to get a piece threaded. *The OD is 2.405".
What the heck size is it? *The OD spec. for 2" water pipe is 2.375" OD. *If
I take a piece to my local plumbing company, will they be able to thread it
with their gear?

Pete Stanaitis

I believe that ASTM specifies a mill tolerance of 12.5%, so you should
be within spec for your 2" nominal pipe:
http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=157136