Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Naptha?

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 18:01:48 -0700,
wrote:

(...)

In a couple minutes of Googling, I didn't see citation of any law
regarding VOCs in my area. Wierd.

My couple minutes gave me this: http://goo.gl/7Pj6b

Not a mention of VOCs Hmm. The Statutory Record for
1999-2008 showed nothing pertinent for search terms
'volatile' or 'organic' or 'solvent'.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pdf/Statut...d1999-2008.pdf

and this: http://www.arb.ca.gov/maps/maps.htm

Nothing really stuck out.
There is a citation about one of naptha's disguises:
Stoddard Solvent. They indicate that it is an irritant,
but no prohibition regarding same.

Naptha has a listing he
http://www.arb.ca.gov/db/solvents/all_cmpds.htm
But no mention of an issue with the stuff.

Mentions elsewhere on the site, but still no citations
of law.

Curious.

(...)
I was amazed at how little brown haze remained over HelL.A. when I
worked there a decade ago with a buddy. We'd drive up over the hill
into Orange County and see only a bit of brown. When my parents and I
flew out to Glendale in the 60s, it was DARK brown.

Yup. My most pronounced memory of my first drive into LA was
that dark brown smog. This'd be like 1975 or so. Sick.

I remember a dark brown blanket covering Santa Clara Valley
back in the 70's, too. Twas depressing.

--Winston