Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Now Which Miter gauge??

On 6/8/11 2:01 PM, J. Clarke wrote:
In , says...

On 6/8/11 12:35 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In ,
says...

On 6/7/11 6:19 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 13:13:58 -0500, -MIKE- wrote:

There's a reason emergency room personnel refer to motorcycle riders as,
"organ donors."

Well, I've still got all of mine after 60 years of riding :-).

There was a study quite a while back that had some interesting
conclusions on motorcycle accidents. See:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~john/vfr/hurt.html

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, here's an interesting
excerpt:

"19. Motorcycle riders between the ages of 16 and 24 are significantly
overrepresented in accidents; motorcycle riders between the ages of 30
and 50 are significantly underrepresented. Although the majority of the
accident-involved motorcycle riders are male (96%), the female
motorcycles riders are significantly overrepresented in the accident
data."

No data on 74 year old motorcyclists like me :-).

I have a saying. "There are no fender benders with motorcycles."
Doesn't really matter if every motorcyclist is the safest driver in the
world. If you're driving a car and someone cuts you off, you pull over
and call your insurance agent. If you're driving a motorcycle and
someone cuts you off, you call life flight.

Harder to "cut off" a bike though. Fit through much smaller spaces, and
are more maneuverable.

Yeah, I've seen those guys "maneuver" there way into a fishtail, lose
it, and end up with road rash for the next 3 months.

ATGATT.

Sorry, I'm not privy to these abbreviations you youngsters are using
these days.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)