Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Naptha?

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:49:46 -0700, Winston
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

(...)

I hear ya. New, Improved, Substitute, Odorless, Green mineral spirits
absolutely suck the big one.

I'd risk say 6.00 on a quart to test it. I'm not buying a gallon though.

What's a practical alternative? Gasoline?

Oops, I forgot to address this. Gasoline is the only cleaner I've
ever heard of igniting and immolating the user. I would never
recommend using gas to clean anything. Too volatile, stinky, toxic,
etc.

Heh! My dad thought gasoline was the cat's pajamas for
cleaning stuff (while smoking).

Amazing.

He was damned lucky. 3 in a week in LV: http://goo.gl/uRuJc

--
Fleas can be taught nearly anything that a Congressman can.
-- Mark Twain