Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Naptha?

On Jun 8, 12:28*pm, Winston wrote:
'Varnish Makers and Painter's' naptha is the only way
I've found for removing baked-on grease from metal surfaces:http://paint-and-supplies.hardwarest...t-thinners/vm-...

It's disappeared from the shelves at all the hardware stores in
my area. *Some now carry a 'substitute' product in gallon cans,
but I don't want to spend over 20 bucks and then have to drive
it to Hazmat Disposal if it works as well as do most
'substitutes'.

What's a practical alternative? *Gasoline?

Thanks!

--Winston

I would try some of that citrus based solvent. Lockheed down in
Sunnyvale went to using that from trich. It is not very fast but does
not evaporate rapidly. Lockheed had some trouble with the citrus
solvent softening cured epoxy about 12 hours after using the citrus
based solvent.

Dan