Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Winston Winston is offline

Default Naptha?

Doug White wrote:

(...)

I've had very good luck with "lacquer thinner" from a paint store.

That was about the first solvent I tried.
It's terrific on 'wet' grease but the baked - on stuff
reacts as if I was using plain water. Nada.

Lots of folks have mentioned lighter fluid, and that works very well,

Indeed it does.

but it's a bit less agressive than lacquer thinner.

It's less aggressive in a good way, and 'way more aggressive
in a good way, in a way.

Your problem may be that California has banned almost any volatile
solvent known to man. They are know to cause brain damage in
politicians. Ooops, too late...

Solvent: If it was effective, it would be illegal.

--Winston