Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_2_] Steve W.[_2_] is offline

Default Flare fittings

Randy333 wrote:
I need a flare fitting for 45 degree standard flare to go from 1/4 to
3/16. A straight union. Know of anywhere I can get this? mcmaster
struck out and so did fittingandadaptors.com. google came up blank.
seems I might need to machine one, where do I find the dimension? are
they in the Machinists handbook?

I know the threads are 3/8-24 and 7/16-20 but I would need to know
shoulder lenghts from threrad to 45 degree seal surface.

Remove 333 to reply.
Randy

Swage out the 1/4 line and press the 3/16 into it. Sweat them together
and you're done.

Or visit an auto parts store and look at the brake line fittings.
Grab an Edelmann 146320 (Everco 46B, Weatherhead 46X3)
Also an Edelmann 148420 (Everco 48B, Weatherhead 48X3)
Make sure you get the nuts as well.

Those are a 3/16" to 1/8" pipe female and a 1/4" to 1/8" pipe male. Just
screw them together and you have your fitting.

--
Steve W.