Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Harbor Freight Rotary Tool

hr(bob) wrote the following:
On Jun 6, 2:39 pm, wrote:

On Jun 5, 10:02 pm, "hr(bob) "
wrote:

Today's Harbor Freight add in our Sunday magazine has an 80 pc Rotary
Drill Set for $6.99. The ad shows a drill and a mess of drills. Can
I assume that the drill itself is part of the 80 pieces??? I know the
quality will be typical Harbor Freight, at best, but for the few uses
I would give it I don't need craftsman (or is it craftperson)
quality. And I don't mean Sear's Craftsman.

If it pictures the drill motor, you get the drill motor.

But like others have said, don't bother. It's only worth about $1.99
on a good day. The motor is weak, fit and finish is poor. It won't
even get your one job done.

OK - I'll pass on it. There was no link to show, it was a paper adv
in the Sunday supplement magazine.

You have to take a few of the responses with a grain of salt. To them,
if it is not a Fein product, it is crap.
I will admit that most , if not all, of HF products are made in China,
but so are a lot of American branded tools, and probably using the same
standards and in the same factories as the more popular tools.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY