Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Now Which Miter gauge??

On 6/7/2011 11:53 AM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 07 Jun 2011 07:09:45 -0500, Leon wrote:

Until you have ridden both bikes in heavy traffic you may not understand
the advantage the rider has riding a louder bike.

That may (or may not) have been true in the past, but with the plethora
of drivers entombed in their autos with the stereo blasting and/or a cell
phone conversation going, your point is certainly not true today.

Fire and police departments around the country have complained about
drivers either not hearing or ignoring their sirens. If they won't get
out of the way of a fire truck do you really think they'll pay attention
to a motorcycle.

BTW, I am a rider and have been for 60 years. My current bike has a
fairly loud muffler on it although certainly not a straight pipe. I had
another bike that was much quieter. I could tell no difference in driver
response.

Getting an uneasy feeling about that state of affairs, and after some
heart stopping near misses, I was strangely relieved when my Sportster
was stolen in 82 and decided not to replace it. Haven't ridden since.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010